Military service demands a lot from the men and women who carry it out.
Sometimes, when events during a tour of duty leave service members with emotional or psychological conditions, veterans may be entitled to psychiatric disorders compensation.
The elder law firm of Kabb Law is the leading veterans’ law firm in the Beachwood, OH, area. Our team of experienced legal experts can help you get the help you need for your condition, whether it’s PTSD or another type of service-related mental or emotional disorder.
Service-Related Mental Health Conditions
Kabb Law has helped countless veterans in the northeastern Ohio area get compensation for their service-related mental and emotional health issues. Many veterans are familiar with the symptoms and causes of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), but the Department of Defense has recognized several other conditions as potentially being related to time in military service. A short list of the conditions that could be eligible for designated psychiatric disorders compensation includes:
- Schizophrenia, which can cause delusions and hallucinations, as well as paranoia and disordered thinking
- Amnesia, dementia and many other cognitive disabilities
- Anxiety and the disorders related to anxiety, such as PTSD, agoraphobia and panic attacks
- Several dissociative disorders, such as multiple-personality disorder (MPD) and a form of memory loss
- Somatoform disorders, such as otherwise unexplained pain and conversion disorder
- Mood disturbances, notably bipolar disorder and clinical depression
- Chronic adjustment issues, which may include an inability to adapt to civilian life
- Eating disorders, which may be life-threatening and include anorexia, bulimia and overeating
Veterans Disability Compensation for Mental Illness
If you or a loved one show any of the signs or symptoms of the above disorders, or if you have other mental and emotional health issues you believe might have been caused or worsened by time in service, you may be entitled to compensation for your suffering.
The law firm of Kabb Law works with veterans and their families to help heal the less-visible wounds some members of the service bring home with them.
Our full-service legal team is here to help, from referring you to the mental and emotional health professionals you need to talk to, to organizing your case for psychiatric disorders compensation and disability benefits from the military.
You don’t have to face your service-related psychiatric conditions by yourself. Your condition is as valid and worthy of assistance as any physical wound.
As veterans’ law professionals, Kabb Law’s attorneys have met thousands of honorably discharged members of all branches of service who need help right away.
Don’t put off getting the help you need for mental or emotional issues.
Call Kabb Law in Beachwood, OH, at 216-991-5222 for a free consultation as soon as you can.
There’s never any obligation to the call, and we can be the help you need to fight for the veterans disability compensation for mental illness you deserve.