Listen: It’s time to have the talk — the one that many Ohio families put off until an illness or crisis occurs. The team at Kabb Law Firm knows it’s not something most people look forward to, but end-of-life legal planning is important to achieving peace of mind and ensuring you or your loved one’s wishes are followed at the appropriate time.
The teams in both our Westlake and Beachwood, Ohio, offices offer accessible, friendly services to assist families in getting this critical task out of the way so they can age successfully knowing their wishes were heard.
Legal Documents to Consider
Every situation is unique, and the experienced attorneys at Kabb Law Firm can walk you through recommendations for end-of-life legal planning. But many individuals may want to consider a living will and a durable power of attorney.
- A living will is a document that communicates your healthcare treatment preferences should you become incapacitated and be unable to do so.
- A durable power of attorney lets you choose a person and give them the legal authority to make medical decisions on your behalf when you are unable to do so yourself. In an ideal situation, the person you select is guided both by the living will you created and their own personal knowledge of your beliefs and preferences.
- A DNR (or do-not-resuscitate) form notifies health care providers that you don’t want certain life-saving measures if your body can’t continue to function on its own. We can help you complete this form and ensure it’s on file with the right organizations or people to protect your wishes in such a situation.
Get Started with End-of-Life Legal Planning Today
Families in Northeast Ohio may be tempted to put this task off until tomorrow, but it’s a discussion that’s important to start now. Because you never know what the future holds, getting your end-of-life planning out of the way lets you enjoy today more.
Kabb Law Firm can help by:
- Assisting you in starting the conversation
- Providing information about all the options
- Helping you document your decisions in a clear, legally binding format
To start the end-of-life planning process today and protect your future and your wishes, contact the Kabb Elder Law & Care Firm.